Thame Hockey Club's Constitution document is available to view here
Child Protection Policy
Click to view/download Thame Hockey Club's
Child Protection Policy and/or Guidelines
For more detailed information about our young members, please go to the Junior's page.
Club Insurance Policy
The link below is a copy of the Club's insurance certificate. Please note that this does NOT cover personal accident or injury whilst playing.
Club Insurance Policy
1. All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
2. All Members are expected to play and behave with respect for the team and also the competition. Members are expected to avoid conflict and to play the game according to the rules as set out by England Hockey and International bodies.
3. All members must treat opponents and team members as they would expect to be treated themselves.
4. Be a good sport at all times – win with modesty and lose with dignity.
5. Refrain from using bad language.
6. Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late or absent. (The meet time prior to a home match, is a minimum of 45 minutes)
7. Members must wear suitable kit: astro trainers, shin pads, gum shield, suitable clothing for training in all weathers and club kit for match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
8. Members are expected to wear the official team kit to include shirt, shorts/skirts and socks.
9. Shirts: Members are entitled to purchase club shirts at reasonable prices. A partial refund may be given on return of the shirt if the Member leaves the Club. Club shirts may be loaned to Members in exceptional circumstances. Each Club member shall be allocated a Club number, which shall be displayed on the back of that player’s shirt.
10. Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly. Failure to do so may disallow you to be selected for competition sides and to attend training.
11. Junior members are not allowed to smoke or consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on Club premises or whilst representing the Club at competitions.
12. The Club does not undertake to insure members against personal injury whilst in play, practice or travel. Members are advised to take out personal accident insurance to cover these risks.
13. The Club is not liable for Members’ personal property or Club property in their possession whilst in the THC Clubhouse (8 Bells, Long Crendon), its environs, in Club members’ vehicles or on the premises of other clubs.
14. Disciplinary Action: The Club will exercise disciplinary action in accordance with the England Hockey Disciplinary Code. The Chairperson will appoint a disciplinary subcommittee to review any case where a ‘red card’ has been issued. Depending on the offence, the Club may impose a penalty in excess of those required by England Hockey.
15. It is expected that Members of the Club will play primarily for Thame Hockey Club (THC) and exclusively in League or Cup games. At Festivals, Members may play for other teams.
16. The Club may assist in the purchase of specialist equipment (e.g. goalkeeping) on an agreed basis. The equipment remains the property of the Club if the player ceases to be available to play for the Club on a regular basis. In such circumstances, the player may be provided with reimbursement, depending on the initial purchase agreement and the age and condition of the equipment. All purchases made under this arrangement must be agreed by the Treasurer prior to commitment to purchase, and ratified by the General Committee.
17. The Club expects that all members shall make themselves available for umpiring on an occasional basis. They are to support team captains in providing umpires as necessary. Members shall make themselves aware of the current rules of the game.
18. Only fully paid-up Members may organise events in the name of the Club, or organise events using facilities, which are provided by THC for the use of the Club. They are to ensure that the General Committee is aware of and in agreement to any such events.
19. Members of the Club may claim reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred in the interests of the Club following prior approval. Claims are to be made in writing to the Treasurer with supporting documentation where possible.
20. No debtors to the Club may stand in the elections for Officers.
21. In exceptional circumstances, the payment of subscriptions or match fees may be temporarily deferred by prior arrangement with the Treasurer.
22. All members must make themselves aware of THC’s Child Protection policy and guidelines which includes permission of parents for juniors to be travelling with an adult, the correct coach to child ratio and ensuring the welfare of children at all times.